2007 Daylight Saving Time Change
October 29, 2007
Congress passed a law
to defer return to standard time by 1 week, starting 2007. Yesterday
would have been the normal time "Fall Back" occurred. Un-patched systems
would have wrongly switched over your time zone status, causing
Purpose of this advisory:
To alert you to recognize the symptoms, thereby avoiding waste of
time in needless troubleshooting, and proceed directly to simple
- You noticed your computer clock is 1 hour behind.
- Your logon to Domain controller was rejected.
- You received unexpected errors in backup/synchronization log.
- Alarms/Reminders are not working properly
- All-Day Events (including holidays & birthdays) in Outlook
are spanning 2 days.
- You apparently replied to an email half an hour before
it was sent to you!
- Other mismatches between workstation & server, or among
- Memo to all staff: check workstation clock today, and again next
- Memo to DIFA: check server clock.
- Apply KB933360
(the latest 8/1/07 edition, superseding KB931836)
- There are 6 different versions for Vista/2003/XP in x86/x64
- I have cached the files on BDL, in case you run into WGA
- DO NOT manually adjust clock to compensate! Doing so
would only compound the problem.
- Beware of others who might be operating on incorrect
- Review and reconfirm all appointments during this 1-week