Capture & Submit Windows 7 Event Logs
to Tech Support for Analysis
January 31, 2011 (Last Revised: Feb 9,
- login to workstation as difa
- locate Windows Log Files
- [Start] orb
- type into the search box: event
- select: Event Viewer
- On left pane, expand Windows Logs
- Capture 3x log files:
- right-click Application
- Save all events as
- verify that desktop is selected as destination
- use naming convention: XXX YYY ZZZ (client code,
hostname, log name)
e.g. BTC THUM sys, or
MTN AZUR app, or
STO FORT sec.
(*) Display information for these languages:
[x] English (United States)
- Repeat step 3 for Security log
- Repeat step 3 for System log
- You now have the 3x captured log files on your desktop for
Create a new zip on desktop. Name it appropriately.
- Drag those 3x log files into the zip.
- Drag the LocaleMetaData folder on desktop
into the zip.
- Email that zip as attachment, or by other means.
logs can total 100M+ in size. They oft compress drastically to 10%.