September 12, 2016
My role is advisory. I'm hired for the expertise in strategizing,
keeping current with shipping logistics, industry trends, specific
product knowledge & selections... not to act as a reseller... certainly
not as a multi-billion dollar stocking distributor.
- Cash management
- use cc as financing option (vs checks only)
- take advantage of interest-free balance transfer
- cash-back bonus, or gifts
- transparency & control
- close control of exact items
- shipping method vs delays & risks
- warranty handling
- ability [obligation?] to deal directly with manufacturer on
- sales tax management
- deferment until self-reporting of use tax
- vs immediate collection at time-of-purchase
- note that Amazon started collecting sales tax in NYS
THE DOWN SIDE
- always entail more work & communications
- you'll be responsible for all shipping mishaps
- you'll be liable for ordering mistakes
- you'll be somewhat involved in warranty cases
In general, it's well worth the hassle for
simple & major items.
It should be avoided for minor & tedious
(numerous & confusing/tricky) items.
- I research, select, evaluate & validate
- I create verified shopping cart, stop short of ordering
- forward cart to you, for easily click & add to your cart
- You order & pay, ship to location as I specify
- some projects require: multi-order, multi-vendor, staggered
schedule, and different ship-to locations
source (distributor itself vs random 3rd-party)
Items At Your
Discretion (with ramifications)
Premier membership? Prime?
method: cc/check/penny jar
subject to additional work, if stock situation changes & req.
more research & decisions
- always create an
account with EACH distributor
- login before order
- ordering as
"guest" affords you less manageable
buy from random
3rd-parties listing on major sites
- consider premium
membership level program
- always create and save
- your own
location(s): HQ or branch office(s)
- BRAVO TECH CTR
8314 W Ridge Rd
Brockport, NY 14420-1434
triple-check before FINALIZING
- login, so your Premier will be in effect
- Immediately pick pre-saved SHIP-TO location as I requested
- using my forward shopping cart
- click & add each line item to your cart
- double-check quantity!!!
- confirm on-sale items reflect discounts
- subtotal should be same as mine, else...
- Select payment method
- double-check final amount to be charged
- any extra items auto-added?
- Verify SHIP-TO address is as intended/requested
- finalizing order
- fwd me tracking info ONLY, while suppressing all
the rest (PLEASE!)
- order confirmation
- charge successful/decline/retry notices
- follow-up, thank-you
- invite to vote
- share with your friends...
- extended warranty offer
- buyer of this also... related...
- "delivered" notice