In addition to SOHO gateway
devices, we also offer custom-built enterprise-class Linux-
and FreeBSD-based gateway routers. They offer performance,
features and ease-of-administration that are superior to
typical off-the-shelf commercial products costing thousands of dollars.
You can choose from standard PC chassis or industrial
embedded PC platforms.
The terms gateway, routers and
firewalls are often misused and misunderstood.
||A computer running TCP/IP with an IP address.
||A host with 2 or more interfaces (Ethernet, DSL,
cable or T1, etc.)
||A router designated to provide hosts on LAN
access to WAN, typically by running Network Address
Translation (NAT) protocol, in order to share a single
external globally routable IP address supplied by
the access ISP.
Definition of a Gateway Router
An enterprise-class gateway router provides more
flexibility, powerful features and advanced controls that are
required by an IT administrator. Many features are built-in
or can be added to the gateway:
- static rules-based firewall, in addition to stateful
packet inspection (SPI)
- true DMZ (Red/Orange/Green topology, not just
- telnet and SSH tunneled remote access
- proxy server (normal or transparent mode)
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- extensive logging for audit trails and Forensics
- real-time traffic graphs, with
- practically unlimited rules capacity
- no per user fees
- operates at "wire speed" (no processing latency
- VPN gateway and VPN pass-through
- customized handling of DNS and DHCP
- over-engineered hardware available
- superior serviceability (and availability), thanks
to standardized hardware.
Router Configurations & Costs